The skill category is based
on the requirements and criteria of ”Excellent” in the vocational qualification
in surface treatment technology, competence areas
in building surface treatments, as well as the requirements of working life for
a young worker.
The skill requirements for the
qualification title painter are, among other things:
- skills of protecting, cleaning, applying pretreatment, grinding and grounding for painting works
- skills of seaming the plasterboards and other boards
- skills of puttying, sleeking and smoothing a variety of underlays
- skills of painting undercoat, midcoat and surface coat with hand tools and also with spray on a variety of underlays
- skills of bordering with hand tools
- skills of fastening the paintable wallcovering and usual wallcovering.
Competence requirements for
a successful competitor:
A competitor has an overall
mastering of a painter’s work tasks. S/he is able to plan his/her daily work
tasks so that transferring from one work stage to another takes place at
suitable time and no unnecessary breaks occur for example as a result of waiting
for substance drying.
The competitor carries out
the tasks according to the written work specifications and engineering
drawings. The competitor must be able to adapt to changes, which are made to
the plans, for example, if a customer expresses his/her wishes regarding
colours or materials. In assessment of the professional competence level, the
focus will be in fast working, precision of the edging, tidiness of the
worksite, quality of the surfaces, complying with work safety, professional
working and observing sustainable development during the competition.